THE QUALITY LABEL FOR PROMOTING THE CYPRIOT GASTRONOMY
The Quality Label for promoting the Cypriot Gastronomy is the joint effort between the Deputy Ministry of Tourism and the private sector to cooperate for the promotion and the exploitation of the ‘’Cypriot Gastronomy’’ as an element of the cultural heritage of Cyprus.
It is aimed at shaping a new cultural consciousness and in the qualitative upgrading in the sector of food and services related to gastronomy and will act as a means of:
- Promotion of the nutritional heritage of Cyprus
- Connection of the agro-food sector with tourism and with the cultural heritage as well
- Promotion of the local quality products
- Exploitation of the rich oeno-gastronomic tradition of Cyprus
- Transformation of Cyprus into a destination for gastronomic experiences
The Quality Label aspires to be the link between the productive sectors of the Cypriot economy and at the same time the vehicle for the development of unique gastronomic experiences in the island.